Friday, August 26, 2005

Don't Pick on Gas Pumpers

People are getting irate about gas prices and yelling at gas station employees. I guess there are always jerks, but how could you not have heard by now that gas prices are high? It just seems like walking into the grocery store and screaming: "What have you done with the Lowenbrau?!"

The gas issue is interesting in itself. Driving is quickly becoming a class marker, isn't it? I have to sell my car, because I can't fill it. The real difference between this and the 1970s gas crisis is that it's not clear what's causing gas prices to go so high, and that's interesting in itself. I'm assuming it's the sudden intense demand for fuel from Southeast Asia and instability in the Middle East. But, as of now, there's no answer, or end in sight.

No comments: