Friday, September 09, 2005

Some Good News

So, it will ultimately take $100 billion to clean up New Orleans, but I'm willing to bet we will reach it. People have already donated over $4 billion. That's the good news in all of this. Our hearts go out. That's one thing you can say about us; our hearts go out when we see others suffer. I know I complain a lot, but talking with my neighbor here in Hamilton the other night about the nightmares she's been having about this tragedy, I realized that ordinary people, all over the world, care about those people in New Orleans. It's the same in Buffalo. Everywhere you go: "Would you like to donate to relief for New Orleans?" And, you know what? We all do. So, yes, I only know how people are responding in the US and Canada. But, I'm glad to know about that.

No comments: