Friday, November 11, 2005

80s College Rock

The great post on Panties3 about The Judy's has gotten me thinking about making a list of great 80s College Rock. Please, feel free to chime in!

Okay, so there was:

HÜSKER DÜ
The Replacements
Bow Wow Wow
Dead Milkmen
Farmer's Boys
Camper Van Beethoven
Mission of Burma
The Jam
The Pixies
The GoGos
The Posies
The La's
The Fixx
The Smiths
The Sisters of Mercy
Smithereens
The Spoons
Diamanda Galas
Human League
Dream Academy
Duran Duran
Echo and the Bunnymen
Einsturzende Neubauten
The Alarm
The B52s
Fishbone
Coil
Butthole Surfers
The Clash
Jane's Addiction
The Stone Roses
Kate Bush
Concrete Blonde
The Sundays
The Cure
Sigue Sigue Sputnik
Wall of Voodoo
OMD
XTC
PiL
Dinosaur Jr
Cocteau Twins
That should get everyone started!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha ha, Carlton, you're like person #3 in the blogosphere who gave a damn about that post.

-Hiromi

Rufus said...

I have a soft spot for that music. It reminds me of trading tapes with people at lunch time in High School.

Anonymous said...

Oh, now you're making me wax nostalgic... Echo & the Bunnymen, Flesh for Lulu, The Church, & hey-- remember a now obscure band Cactus World News? -- oh they were a great band!

Rufus said...

It's funny- I was really nostalgic for Gene Loves Jezebel the other night.

Rufus said...

I don't remember Cactus World News, but I will look them up!