Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Make a joke, loose your kids

Apparently, members of the Church of the Subgenius are too funny to have children.

Here's the actual headline:
"Mother pokes fun at religion; loses son"

The cosmic irony of a man named Judge Punch not understanding satire is pretty incredible.

But, apparently the Judge from Western New York (the dumber half of the state, believe me) decided to suddenly strip Rachel Bevilacqua of all parental rights. "This after County Judge James Punch learned of her involvement in a satire performance group that pokes fun at religion, called the Church of the Sub-Genius. Court transcripts back up her claims."

"I've read through the transcripts a million times and he just said it's obvious that I shouldn't have my son. Obvious."

A better headline, tweaking the Sub-genius motto a bit might be:
"Judge Fucked; He Can't Take a Joke".

If you're one of those nut cases who thinks that the state shouldn't actually punish people for making fun of religion, you can make a donation to Bevilacqua's legal defense HERE or paypal HERE.

4 comments:

SecondComingOfBast said...

This fucking judge should be removed from the bench. I will also go so far as to say if I was to see somebody shoot him-my lips are sealed.

Modemac said...

A lot more information about this case, plus links, can be found here:

http://www.modemac.com/wiki/Reverend_Magdalen

Rufus said...

Merci beaucoup!

Rufus said...

I wouldn't want to see anyone shot- but he definitely should seek another line of work.