Monday, June 05, 2006

Hello again!

Nantes is gorgeous as expected. There was a bit of trouble with mon chambre- I showed up too late to get in on Saturday, and had to find another room quickly! Nothing is open on Sundays, so I just got into my reserved room this morning. It's a one-star appartment, so nothing fancy, but it beats having to scramble.

Mon français n'est pas tres bien. Oh, my reading is almost perfect now, because that's what I need to know for my job. But, it's still hard for me to hear the language correctly. I have conversations, and I get about every fifth word. I sympathise with people who move to a foreign country. It's really hard to get by. I feel like I've made great strides because I can order my food correctly now. But, I feel like a little child again. Also, I have a headache much of the time that I think has to with straining my brain to understand everyone, and I can't find a place to buy aspirin!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hate you.

;p