Monday, October 01, 2007

I Can ''Sympathise''

I'm fairly certain that I've used quotation marks inappropriately a few times myself. And yet, it still makes me ''crazy'' when I ''see'' unnecessary ''quotation marks'' on advertising ''signs''. Here is a blog dedicated to making fun of unnecessary quotation marks. Somebody really needs to make a slasher film in which a disgruntled copy editor walks around garroting sign makers who use the weird quotation marks or make words perversely possessive- i.e. We've ''Got'' 2008 Automobile's!

2 comments:

Greg von Winckel said...

I love unnecessary/inappropriate quotation marks pages. I have always wondered about the propensity of aged female relatives to give birthday cards with your name in quotes on the envelope. Do they know something we don't?

Greg von Winckel said...

Also did you notice the similar page dedicated to documenting incongruous occurrences of Lower Case L?