Saturday, October 20, 2007

Possible Titles for the New Site

Okay, so the first thing to do in making this projected superblog is pick out a title. That way, I can reserve a space on Blogger, and a title gives direction to a journal. Here are a few possibilities

Angry Pedant- This was Greg's idea, and I thought it was funny, so I reserved the name on Blogger. The advantage of it is that it's fairly easy to remember and actually rather endearing. It's also fairly easy to get people to visit a site called 'Angry Pedant', if only for the curiosity factor. And it is funny, although I think Angry Horny Pedant would be even funnier.

The disadvantange would be that I'm looking to spend less time writing about things that anger me and more time writing about things that I like, or just things that I'm curious about. I like a good rant as much as anybody, but between all of the 'fugly' sites and all of the 'watch' sites, there seems to be enough snark on the Internet to last a century. So, it could amount to false advertising.

There is Another Sky- Aside from the fact that I adore the Emily Dickinson poem from which this title comes, I like this one because it's ambiguous and a bit mysterious. It also gets at what I'm going for, which is to find new thrills and weird ideas, instead of just pointing out ad nauseum what's wrong with corporate academia and endless wars.

The real disadvantage here is that this title is pretty bland. I could see it being a store at the Mall, or a new age diet manual. I definitely think it's less intriguing than Greg's title, but probably fits what I'm thinking of more.

So, any suggestions?

5 comments:

Holly said...

Horny Pedant in the Sky?

Rufus said...

With Diamonds?

Holly said...

Actually, now that I'm thinking about it, and not just showing the insight of a 12 year old, I kind of like the idea of just "Another Sky" ... it's open to interpretation, depending on how you feel about the sky you thought of in the first place.

SecondComingOfBast said...

What Holly said was just what I was thinking-Another Sky.

Rufus said...

Okay, I've reserved that one. The only thing is, and I feel a bit bad about this, is that there is a movie called Another Sky, a book publishing house called Another Sky, and I think a band called Another Sky. There might even be a blog out there with that title. As of now, this will be the first so-called Another Sky Journal.