Tuesday, March 25, 2008

The All-Pastry Diet

Strangely enough, I seem to have lost almost 20 lbs since I got here about two months ago. It's actually pretty funny to me because I've been on the all-pastry diet since then, although I have been eating more apples than ever before. I am an adult male living alone, so my diet is largely structured by the "I dunno, give me the cheap stuff" principle. Apples are really cheap.

Also it's a lot easier to walk around here than it is in most parts of North America. I remember living in Virginia and the idea of walking to the store was unimaginable. Here, I think the crazies are the people driving. So, there's more walking. But they definitely don't eat health food here either.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's probably the walking. I made a complete pig of myself each time I went to Europe, eating all kinds of rich food and drinking lots of alcohol, but I did so much walking that there was no net weight gain.

Rufus said...

I think so. I guess I've cut down on the junk food too. I tried having a big mac the other day and spent all night being ill.

Unknown said...

McDonalds have toxic in their food.
Even bacteria don't eat their food after months.
Farmers who serve McDonalds need to put their tomatoes in quarantaine for some weeks because the gasses coming from it will toxic them.

But you can really eat a hamburger with BBQ potatoes, just avoid the factory foods.
Even in Supermarket you can have toxic meat or pre-cut french fries, so if you feel sick after a meal notice what you eat and if you get second time sick from the same food switch over to another brand.
Also every day meat really not good, try eat one day a meal with meat and then next day kind of pastry meal.
You will feel that the pastry meals give you much better energies.