Tuesday, March 25, 2008

The All-Pastry Diet

Strangely enough, I seem to have lost almost 20 lbs since I got here about two months ago. It's actually pretty funny to me because I've been on the all-pastry diet since then, although I have been eating more apples than ever before. I am an adult male living alone, so my diet is largely structured by the "I dunno, give me the cheap stuff" principle. Apples are really cheap.

Also it's a lot easier to walk around here than it is in most parts of North America. I remember living in Virginia and the idea of walking to the store was unimaginable. Here, I think the crazies are the people driving. So, there's more walking. But they definitely don't eat health food here either.

2 comments:

Hiromi said...

It's probably the walking. I made a complete pig of myself each time I went to Europe, eating all kinds of rich food and drinking lots of alcohol, but I did so much walking that there was no net weight gain.

Rufus said...

I think so. I guess I've cut down on the junk food too. I tried having a big mac the other day and spent all night being ill.