Thursday, March 13, 2008

French Housing Crisis

Just came across this article in the BBC News about how French people can't get housing for any amount of money, but sometimes if they put out a bit, the landlord will cut them a break. I commented to Greg that I thought France's housing crisis was over, since all the old people died in that heat wave in 2003, but he says that France has filled up with Muslims (since then, apparently?). I find myself suspicious that it's all about cost, because getting tail from the tenants does not pay the tax or get the roof fixed or whatever, so.... what's actually going on there?

Someone who knows should comment.

2 comments:

Rufus said...

All I know is that I can't find anything in Paris, and the government has some plan to try to make housing affordable for everyone. But it definitely is a problem from what I hear.

Rufus said...

Anyway, I'll try to find out. Or ask somebody here. Whatever works.