Monday, May 12, 2008

The French Housing Crisis Explained, Lamely

Okay, Holly asked about the French housing crisis a while ago. I finally found the answer after asking and reading around. But, I've been negligent in posting it because the answer I found is rather lame. Oh, well. Here goes:

Yes, there is a French housing crisis.

It's a shortage in affordable housing and it is probably the result of high rates of immigration and rising housing prices. It is believed that there need to be at least 80,000 more dwellings, mostly in Paris. (On the other hand, I am convinced that at least that many Parisians are permanently living up their own asses, so no problem! I'm kidding! I'm kidding!)

But, yes, that's the answer. I should have posted it earlier since it's fairly anticlimactic.

No comments: