Friday, August 01, 2008

Watch watch

Well, I know many of us like watches around here. I wanted to share a fairly obscure, and very cool-looking watch from Guy Ella; but it is obscure enough that I can't find any pictures or information about it online.

In lieu of that, here is the Féerie watch from Van Cleef & Arpels. The fairy in the middle is modeled after Titania, and the watch keeps time with her arm and wand pointing out the hours and one of her wings pointing to the minutes.
Her wings and body are set with white diamonds and her face is a pear-shaped diamond. The case is 38mm 18-carat white gold and houses a mechanical manually-wound movement developed exclusively for VCA by Jaeger-LeCoultre. The depth effect of the face is due to the guilloché hand engraving into blue enamel. It's pretty amazing when viewed close-up.

I have not even looked for the price as I'm guessing that none of us can afford it. Still nice to look at.

No comments: