Monday, January 23, 2006

Good Morning

It was a good morning! The Professor that I'm TA for this semester gave an excellent lecture. She was telling fascinating stories, and showing art, and hitting all of the key dates and events. But, best of all, she wasn't talking down to the students. I've had very good luck in this area, but I still dread the thought of getting a Professor who is scatterbrained, or boring, or ill-tempered to TA for. My Prof is great because the class will be challenging for the students, but not impossible.

So, I'm looking forward to doing the recitations. Don't get me wrong- I'm not expecting great strides from the class of 2009- we had the usual four or five walk outs at the three-minutes-until-the-end-of-class point today. But, it's not so upsetting to me this time. I'm not sure if that's a sign that I'm accepting the state of things, or giving up, or both.

No comments: