Thursday, November 09, 2006

Limbaugh

I don't usually complain about Rush Limbaugh. A lot of liberals see him as the devil incarnate. But, I tend to think of him as a radio personality, and he seems pretty talented at that. Also, to be honest, I don't pay much attention to talk radio, aside from occasionally listening to the Howard Stern show on satelite.

Okay, so that having been said, I find this article by him (from the Drudge Report) to be totally astounding. Read this and tell me: Is he saying that he's glad now to not have to lie to his listeners anymore now that the elections are over? Holy Moses! I mean, yeah, I pretty much figured that entertainers like Rush Limbaugh and Al Franken claim up and down to be 'independent thinkers', while essentially shilling for the Republican and Democratic Parties. But, how does their audience buy that?

"I feel liberated, and I'm going to tell you as plainly as I can why. I no longer am going to have to carry the water for people who I don't think deserve having their water carried. Now, you might say, "Well, why have you been doing it?" Because the stakes are high. Even though the Republican Party let us down, to me they represent a far better future for my beliefs and therefore the country's than the Democrat Party and liberalism does."

So, why didn't he say exactly that for the last several months? He says he didn't lie. Okay, well, maybe not. But, why not speak your mind, if your schtick is that you're the guy who speaks his mind? It's mindblowing.

I guess I'm lucky that nobody reads this. I can pretty much complain about whoever I want to. So, sure, most of my views are liberal to libertarian. But, I don't have to worry about saying that I think the Democrats have no idea how to end the war without dooming Iraq, and so I'm not particuarly excited that they won these elections. Also, they need to grow a spine in regards to "cultural issues" and stand up to the religious nuts, be they Christian or Muslim. Moreover, their playing the "Who's gay in DC?" card to win the election was totally repulsive. Which I said at the time. So, yeah, I might not be as entertaining as Limbaugh, but at least I'm not carrying anyone's water.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great work!
[url=http://fitsanlu.com/jkjs/grds.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://yqcgaqtr.com/ghoe/stpj.html]Cool site[/url]

Anonymous said...

Nice site!
http://fitsanlu.com/jkjs/grds.html | http://kprlscwu.com/tarb/ildx.html

hou said...

heir playing the "Who's gay in DC?" card to win the election was totally repulsive.
meizu pro 5
meizu mx5
xiaomi mi5