Wednesday, April 07, 2010


Hey, over at the League of Ordinary Gentlemen, I also posted recently about the pre-Socratic Heraclitus, looking at a few of his fragments, including:
21. “You cannot step in the same river twice.”
108. “The way up and the way down are one and the same.”
118. “Listening not to me but to the Logos, it is wise to acknowledge that all things are one.”


Holly said...

I read it once, but I need to read this again. There's something tickling my brain about Heraclitus but I can't quite articulate it yet. I think.... it's something about it that strikes me as glib.

By the way, I had a dream that I ended up at a house that was either you & Claire's, or Claire's family and you guys were staying there. In any case it was chaotic and weird, and kind of fun. But especially the weird.

Rufus said...

I sort of know what you mean about Heraclitus, but to be fair, everything he wrote has come down to a handful of fragments, so he does have that working against him.

Our house is actually chaotic and weird. But mostly that's due to the cat.