Monday, November 10, 2008

Actual Democracy in the Nation of China Still Forthcoming

Over at Rolling Stone (which I'm told used to be a music magazine instead of a cheesy lad rag), David Fricke has written the first review of the forthcoming Guns N' Roses album, Chinese Democracy. He likes it. That's a relief; could you imagine if the record got a bad first review and they decided that it needed more work?

To be honest, I'm more excited about the free Dr. Pepper promotion than the actual record. But, I'll probably wind up buying it anyway. The short version of the Guns N' Roses story: Appetite for Destruction was a great rock record, in my opinion, but nothing they released after that was nearly as good. Chinese Democracy probably won't be either, but there's something fascinating to me about the fact that Axl Rose has spent a full third of his life working on this album. He makes Brian Wilson look restrained.

No comments: