Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Banking Canada

A few years back I finally got sick of my US bank- the god awful M&T Bank, a truly predatory organization that was the worst I've ever done business with- and put everything I had in a Canadian bank. Apparently, I had a good idea. Fareed Zakaria:
''Guess which country, alone in the industrialized world, has not faced a single bank failure, calls for bailouts or government intervention in the financial or mortgage sectors. Yup, it's Canada. In 2008, the World Economic Forum ranked Canada's banking system the healthiest in the world. America's ranked 40th, Britain's 44th.''
Remember that Canada is actually a much more conservative country than the US; it's just fiscally conservative instead of socially conservative. Even though the economy is starting to suffer here, I'll be interested to see if people with money start investing in the Canadian dollar.

No comments: