Thursday, April 19, 2007

The Origin of Specious

As you might know, my wife and I are very religious. I'd image that, between the two of us, we probably obey all of the ten commandments. So this article on the evolutionary benefits of religion was of interest, in spite of the fact that I imagine the research has consisted of biologists arguing about whether or not going to church would get them laid. Where do religious beliefs originate? Does religion serve any evolutionary function? Oh, I don't know... Does anyone else think that 'evolutionary psychology' is beginning to err on the side of crap lately?

5 comments:

Greg von Winckel said...

Religious?

Rufus said...

It was really just a set up for that punchline.

Rufus said...

This is where I test out my B material.

Greg von Winckel said...

ba-dump-tschhh

Rufus said...

Claire has said that most of these jokes should not make it into my lounge act.