Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Dissertation stuff

But, one great thing going on is that my dissertation topic is beginning to come into focus a bit. It's extremely difficult to get the topic nailed down and the "problematic" defined because I haven't been to the archives at all, so I don't know what's there to research; but, in order to get there, I have to know what it is I'm hoping to find there and apply for grants. Is that confusing? Well, it is for me too.

But, I've got an idea of the dates (1815-1850) the country (France, of course) and the general body of primary documents (French romantic authors' voyage narratives). I knew who I wanted to write about, basically, but I was having trouble narrowing down the documents. So, I'm going to be spending a lot of time on Gallica looking around. But, this project is getting much more exciting for me.

2 comments:

Aladdinslad said...

i wishes i cold lern good enouf thad i cold go to colege but i hav to lern to spels bestre than whad i am lerns by phonec wais...when i gets bestre i hopes i can go to colege to...

Rufus said...

Well, it helps, but I'm sure it's not necessary.