Saturday, February 18, 2006

Netted

I think the reason I bitch so much about the Internet, aside from seeing the effects that it seems to have had on literacy, is that I myself spend entirely too much time on here. When I log on to read my email, it seems like I'm on-line for the next two hours. I've tried various things to make myself more of a lean, mean, studying machine. But, my self-control is terrible. What's even stranger is that I have little interest in video games, cell phones, television or even most movies. But, this flickering box gets to me. I hate it. Am I the only one that has this problem?

2 comments:

SecondComingOfBast said...

Yes. Just don't get involved in any news groups, like Yahoo Groups, talk about a waste of time. Unfortunately, I just love to pick on these folks, I guess I'm a mental bully of sorts, especially of those who tend to be knee jerk ideoloques, either of the left or of the right. I love to challenge their precous, comfortable belief systems, unfortunately, I don't seem to get anywhere, other than just wasting my time. It has it's entertainment value though.

Rufus said...

I just have a fear of sitting in a circle in a high school gymnasium at age 50 and saying: "I knew when my wife left me that things were getting out of control with my Internet use."