Monday, June 13, 2005

University of Toronto Mystery Solved!

Okay, so I spent this afternoon walking around U of T. Sigh! It's such a gorgeous campus! Trees everywhere, state of the art facilities and the largest library library in Canada! You feel smarter just walking around there. I understand why U of T students have the reputation for being full of themselves.

I try not to be jealous. Really, I do. But, we don't even have a functional elevator in our building.
And I wonder about that. I mean, we must have the money to pay somebody to fix the thing. I mean, UB just spent a small fortune to build a School of Business Management. We can't even get an elevator repaired? Or, how much would a coat of paint cost? Sometimes, I think that poorer schools expect to see their lack of money reflected in the building in the same way that richer schools expect to see their money reflected in the building.

Anyway, U of T is beautiful and it's exciting to be going there, even if it's been a huge hassle. For the record, person One and person Two who I talked to were wrong. Person Four used to think that they were right, but now she believes that I have to be registered as a "Non-degree Graduate Student" and not a "Visiting Student". So, I did that. We will see what happens next.

No comments: