Sunday, February 04, 2007

Recipes for Trouble

Well, I'm not entirely sure that I understand their wording; however, the Recipes for Trouble Blog offers "A world of food stories, culinary memories, and ingredients queerly political". Basically, I'm not sure what clause is "queerly political" here: is it the ingredients? Or the entire world? Or maybe the three clauses but not the world? I get that they wanted to work the political aspect in there and winkingly reference the queer aspect. But it doesn't exactly roll off the tongue, so to speak.

Anyway, that aside, I think it's pretty cool that they're having a big social event to launch the blog. If you're in Toronto and can brave the supposedly emergency weather (come on! It's only minus 11!), you should stop by this thing. I'll try to make it myself. Incidentally, This Ain't the Rosedale Library is also a Toronto treasure.

BLOG-A-LICIOUS!
Launch of RECIPES FOR TROUBLE Food Blog
Featuring food-themed readings from work byMarusya Bociurkiw……with special guest Farzana Doctor…
At This Ain’t the Rosedale Library, 483 Church Street, upstairs Thursday February 8, 8p.m.

No comments: