Monday, July 14, 2008

Editorial Note

You probably can't tell from the blog, but I'm in a moderately pissy mood right now. There are a number of reasons for this; however, the only accurate one is that I haven't seen my wife since freakin' January! This, I think, would make anyone pissy. Now, I will be hone in ten days, and that is great; but, honestly, I'm at that point that I used to get to around December 3rd when I was a kid: I've waited long enough and I want Christmas now!! Anyway, I am not posting as many longwinded diatribes here as usual because, well, I figure they would descend into really pissy and longwinded diatribes. Right now, I could probably write an angry/ gloomy rant about lolipops.

Anyway... it's also occurred to me periodically that the name of this blog, "Grad Student Madness", will not always make sense. Either I will finish my dissertation, or I will drop out (I'd say the odds are running about 50/50 right now), and either way, I won't be a grad student anymore. Not to mention the fact that nobody else here is a grad student anymore, although Claire got her Master's fairly recently.

So, I've thought about renaming the thing at some point in the future, which I think you can do without moving it. I have no idea what I'd like to do with it. I've considered just blogging about random and obscure things I enjoy and calling it "Everything That's Good". But that could get pretty tiring too. There sure are a lot of negative sites though- I'd like to avoid becoming part of the Bileosphere, if you know what I mean. So, maybe blogging about everything that's cool would be worthwhile.

Oh, I don't know.

4 comments:

Holly said...

You've just got the old STD (Short Timer's Disease). You'll be OK. I think you're allowed to get grumpy when you haven't seen your snoogums in half a year.

re naming.... Academic Working Stiff?

Rufus said...

Yeah, it's definitely a bit of that: it's like I am halfway gone already in a mental sense, and halfway desperately trying to get everything I can from the archives in the next week. Also, I have to say that Nantes is one of the loveliest places I've ever been in my life, but it's nothing without my best friend and my cat.

Holly said...

Let it be nothing, get your shit done, go home triumphant.

Rufus said...

Aye aye, Cap'n!