Sunday, July 27, 2008

From the Hamilton Rant-Line

[Note: Our local free weekly, the Hamilton View, runs a feature they call the "rant line": basically, it's a number that locals call to rant about whatever's bothering them into a message machine. These rants are then transcribed and published in the next issue. Some rants are obnxious, of course, while others are surprising, funny, bizarre, and entertaining. Periodically, I will post some here.]

"What's up Hamilton!? Today is my 21st birthday and I'm a little drunk! I have two things to say: one, to the editor, I think you're hilarious! And two, to the guy that dumped his girlfriend after 20 years, I hope you end up alone for the rest of your life."

"You know what I think is stupid? The fact that they have instructions on shampoo bottles. If you buy shampoo, and don't know how to use it, you should just give up now."

"I saw the most remarkable thing on John Street yesterday! A young man and woman were walking along and he was tenderly holding their infant in his arms where it should be, and not in a plastic bucket held by a handle."

No comments: