Sunday, October 15, 2006

book tag from claire

I should preface this with saying that I'm not the kind of "reader" that rufus is which surprises some people. So, don't be surprised. Also, I don't just give one book, I'm a social worker and we never have just one answer.

1. One book that changed your life: Life After God, Douglas Coupland; Faith, Sharon Salzberg
2. One Book That You've Read More Than Once: the above, and also the Avalon series by Marion Zimmer Bradley (pretty much all of my books really are on steady rotation)
3. One Book That You'd Want On A Desert Island: Running with Scissors by Augusten Burroughs; Mary Stewart's Crystal Cave series.
4. One Book That Made You Laugh: Naked, David Sedaris
5. One Book That Made You Cry: Oh god, when Dumbledore died in Harry Potter. I wept like a child. I weep every_single_time.
6. One Book That You Wish You Had Written: A brilliant madness, Kay Redfield Jamison
7. One Book You Wish Had Never Been Written: I felt The Nanny Diaries would have been a huge waste of time if I hadn't been on a transcontinental flight.
8. One Book That You Are Reading Right Now: hm. I just started two: The PMDD phenomenon, and The Progress of Love, by Alice Munro.
9. One Book That You Have Been Meaning To Read: A Suitable Boy, by Rohinton Mistry
10. Tag five others that you would like to do this meme: I have no blogger friends, so it stops here.

c

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ASuitable Boy is by Vikram Seth. Everyone I know who has read it loves it though. (I've only read The Golden Gate by him, and that's good!)