Monday, September 10, 2007

$7 25¢ Piece


Daniel Carr's business is designing coins, medals, and tokens. He's done a series of state quarter parodies, as well as other interesting non-money coins. Click to see all manner of silliness. Apparently some folks have been riled up about the secret government conspiracy to create the Amero, a Canada/US/Mexico single monetary unit. Danial Carr produces a fantasy coin for folks who like to play dress-up with money, which has really fueled the conspiracy-theory fires.

6 comments:

Greg von Winckel said...

Some of those are quite amusing.

Rufus said...

I might actually get one of those Maine quarters for my father the lobsterman.

Holly said...

Rufus, you do mean that your father is part lobster, part man, right? Just say yes, or I'll be terribly disappointed.

Rufus said...

Um, yes...

Greg von Winckel said...

Rufus, I had no idea that you were one quarter crustacean.

Rufus said...

You've never noticed my intense fear of melted butter?