Sunday, September 09, 2007

The Internet Sacred Text Archive

I was pretty impressed by this. Your one-stop guide to the esoteric wisdom of the ages- The Internet Sacred Text Archive. From Judaism to gnosticism to thelema, it's all here, provided that it was published pre-1922. I was wondering if anyone would be interested in picking something here and giving ourselves a month to read it. They have some pretty cool stuff there, much of which I've been planning to read for some time, like The Rubayyat of Omar Khayyam and The Guide for the Perplexed by Maimonides. Anyway, look through and let me know.

3 comments:

Holly said...

Although there are several tempting selections here, I'll be happy to look into the Maori beliefs for my book report.

I am going to have to read the thing about funeral traditions, written by B.S. Puckle, in 1926.... for a variety of reasons. :) And probably also a lot of the icelandic stuff. And ... and ... and.

There is kind of a shortage of South American native stuff, Inca, Aztec, Mixtec, Olmec, etc, but much of that is scholarly speculation. They weren't great record-keepers in the way that librarians in the Eurotraditional world prefer.

Greg von Winckel said...

Count me in. I think I'll pick something from the Basque Legends section.

Rufus said...

Ah good. So, let's meet back here in a month or earlier.